Job Openings at Scanlab September, 2021
- This is a structured programme that provides work experience/ exposure for a specific period of time.
- It is a temporary position that also allows young people the opportunity to consolidate and translate the skills learned from their training into job experience.
- A letter from university / college confirming current enrollment, completion letter or certificate.
- Indexing / registration or current license by RPB (if available)
- Diploma in medical imaging sciences, HND in medical imaging sciences or degree in medical imaging sciences as prescribed in Radiation Protection Act CAP 243.
- Registration certificate from society of radiography in Kenya (SORK), if available.
- Evidence of a medical cover and good medical health.
- A completed internship application form.
- A recent passport size photo.
- A copy of the national identity Card.
The internship / attachment programme is open to:
- Unemployed Kenyan graduates from training institutions who have completed their degree / diploma courses and have not been exposed to work experience related to their area of study.
- Graduates of degree and diploma programs, for which internship / attachment is a requirement for registration by their respective professional bodies.
- Students who are currently undertaking the mentioned course.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
- The ideal candidate MUST be registered with Kenya radiation protection board and have a valid 2021 practice license & have at least 2 years relevant working experience in a busy environment.
Job Duties Include:
- Perform a range of radiographic/sonographic examinations as requested according to the requirements of the referring physician, provide diagnostic radiographs, perform ultrasound and Doppler examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value.
- To be able to communicate critical results to referring doctors.
- Presenting the sonograms and preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Receiving patients for various Radiological procedures and exercising a high degree of customer care by explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients and answering any questions they may have.
- Book and document obstetric patients for their next appointments.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and maintaining the room in which the procedure takes place.
- Monitoring and caring for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedures.
- Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and making adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary.
- Assessing patients and interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic technique.
- Enabling high quality patient experience including quality of care and optimal turnaround time.
- Facilitating adherence to set standards for routine and special examinations.
- Producing images of high diagnostic quality.
- Be able to advise patients/clients accordingly.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Applicants for the position must have a Diploma/or Degree in medical imaging sciences /Higher diploma in ultrasound from a recognized institution.
- Certificate/Diploma in echo technology will be an added advantage.
- S/he must have two (2) years relevant working experience and must be registered by the Kenya radiation protection board and must have a valid license.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Strong ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail, presentable and professionalism.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Organization and decision-making skills.
- Good work ethics and customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication and marketing skills.
- Proficient in computers and IT.
To apply for this position, please send your current detailed CV (must have 3 professional referees including a current or former supervisor), RPB registration certificate, 2021, RPB license, current & expected salary
Method of Application
To apply for this programme, please send your credentials to [email protected] by close of business 30th September 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.