Programme Coordinator at Jesuit Conference of Africa and Madagascar September, 2021
The Jesuit Conference of Africa and Madagascar (JCAM) is seeking to hire a programme coordinator who will be assisting and accountable to our project director in organising and implementing our project on Synodality (“African Synodality Initiative”).
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring various aspects of the project and expenditures; contacting stakeholders and organising and participating in stakeholder meetings;
and ensuring that project objectives and deadlines are met in a timely manner. This position may involve a limited amount of travel.
Programme Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to the project director.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules and expenditures.
- Undertaking assigned project tasks.
- Creating a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Monitoring and tracking project strategies and timelines, and updating the project director on the project’s progress.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Identifying project risks and issues and providing solutions where applicable.
- Assisting with planning and logistics for project events (virtual and in-person).
- Organising, attending and participating in project team and stakeholder meetings (virtual and in-person), and taking minutes.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate and distributing minutes to all project team members, participants and stakeholders.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Ensuring that the project adheres to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for the purposes of reporting.
Method of Application
Application letters, Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of Academic Certificates, National Identity Cards or Passports, and a short sample writing (maximum 1,000 words on a related topic.
See: http://www.synod.va/en/documents/vademecum.html) should be mailed or emailed to the Executive Assistant to the President ([email protected]) on or before Thursday, 23 September 2021, at noon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Jesuit Conference of Africa and Madagascar on www.jesuits.africa to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.