Senior Accountant at Alistair Group September, 2021
Are you someone with a “hunger for growth”, a “whatever it takes mentality” and understand the advantages of a team environment and what it takes to thrive in one? Are you someone who “Questions things” and “looks for improvements”? Do you have experience in taking a fast growing business to a greater height?
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our company and to be an integral part of the Finance team in Mozambique .
We’d love to hear from candidates their experiences about how they brought innovation and growth to the business and have efficiently managed a team of people to reach the company goal.
1. Essential Skills:
- Proactive, confident, assertive, to have team management and negotiation skills
- Strong people management skills – ensure deliverables required by others to complete tasks are provided.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines to ensure work is completed within time.
- Clear communication skills ensuring flow of clear, timely and candid information.
- Independent worker – able to work well with minimal supervision and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems.
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures.
- Finance Graduate e.g. BCom Finance degree, BA
- Knowledge of Intermediate / Advanced Excel
- Knowledge of Accounting Software (SAP)
- Knowledge of Accounting principles
3. Overall Purpose
Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- Responsible for accounts up to Trial Balance level
- Post journal entries related to month end transactions
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Managing the year end audit (preparing documents)
- Creating purchase orders
- Monthly submissions of VAT returns
- Interact with SA operations on expenses
- Assist with month end and cash flow reporting
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- Managing office expenditure & petty cash
- Any other ad hoc accounting duties as required
**Please provide your CV in English**