Head, Resourcing at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya September,
We are seeking an talented and passionate indivudal to head the East Africa Resourcing Team. The chosen candidate will manage the delivery of the end-to-end talent acquisition process for countries in East Africa, covering both operational and strategic talent acquisition support for all employed workers (internal and external) local and cross border hires and transfers, ensuring all talent acquisition activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
Ensure the team is talent focused, cost effective, and efficient and aligned to business needs.
Focusing predominantly on execution, people and resource management, the role holder will attract, develop, engage, deploy and retain a team of specialists, encouraging high performance behaviours to ensure delivery of recruitment targets at the right time, the right quality and the right price.
Working closely with the East Africa country ExCo and HR teams, the role holder will be accountable for Band 4 hiring, and have strategic oversight, reporting and MI responsibility for agency worker hiring.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience in coaching, managing and engaging a team
- Successful track record of placing senior (director) level candidates
- In-depth experience of recruitment at a strategic level (in-house preferred, or search firm / consultancy), leading end to end Talent Acquisition processes and building creative attraction strategies to deliver new hires cost effectively and within budget
- Experience of PSL management and negotiating supplier agreements
- Experience of working in a complex matrix, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups and successfully building / managing sustainable relationships with teams, customers, suppliers, senior managers and other stakeholders from a broad base of cultures, operating across a variety of countries/locations
- Able to see the ‘big picture’ and think conceptually, whilst simultaneously working on the details
- Financial management and commercial skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to build credibility quickly
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills
- Proven delivery capabilities – track record of multi-tasking, prioritising, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term)
- Pragmatic, customer-focused approach
- Proactive, problem solving approach combined with a willingness to challenge in order to deliver results
- Flexibility and a preparedness to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ when necessary to get the job done. Some international travel will be required
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.