Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. This proposal aims to address HIV service delivery gaps and to ensure the continuity of HIV prevention, testing and treatment. The consultant will provide technical assistance service with focus on differentiated service delivery in the following areas:
- HIV self-testing services
- Key population prevention services
- Virtual interventions for HIV prevention, testing and treatment
This program will be implemented in 29 priority countries (Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, LAC region, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanwar, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Zambia, Zimbabwe) with focus on different areas on differentiated service delivery where implementation may be confirmed from June 2021 to 2023. This consultancy may be remote or onsite at the implementation countries depending on the specific task order.
- Provision of technical assistance to national and subnational governments on differentiated models of care across HIV self-testing, key population HIV prevention services, and virtual interventions for testing, prevention and treatment
- Engagement of policy makers and program managers at national and regional levels on the need for service delivery models or adaptations necessary for improvements along the HIV testing and treatment cascade and achievement of grant targets
- Support the market penetration for self-test products
- Support procurement and supply chain of HIV self-test commodities
- Support the provision of prevention services for key populations and adolescent girls and young women and their sexual partners in high incidence locations
- Support the improvement of data collection, reporting and use in the improving service delivery including specific adaptation to M&E tools and reporting needed.
- Support the linkage of data collected with population size estimates (for targeting), ensuring the use of UICs and leveraging IBBS and other surveys.
- Support the design, operational planning, SOP, tools and job aided for initiating virtual interventions to support access to effective HIV prevention
- Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, health system management, epidemiology, or related field
- Project management and administration, communications and advocacy
- Understanding of current recommendations for HIV differentiated service delivery approaches for testing and treatment, including existing guidance and tools that can be used at country level;
- Expertise in the implementation of virtual interventions to support health service delivery
- At least 7 years of professional experience providing technical assistance to governments on HIV programs, relating to differentiated models of care, or conducting HIV DSD programs in developing countries;
- Experience in working in at least one of the 29 selected countries; Preference may be given to experts with experience in the priority countries or other countries in the region.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage a team of experts for organizations;
- Ability to manage and work in a team setting;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Report-writing skills in English:
- Proficiency in MS Office programs;
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and integrity;
- Ability to show tactfulness, consideration and respect for others;
- Ability to display cultural sensitivity, and adaptability in interaction with people of different backgrounds
Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of French, Portuguese, Swahili, Filipino, Indonesian, Spanish, or any other local languages spoken in the selected countries for implementation are desired. Specific language requirements will be assessed based on the needs of each specific engagement.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work, the thematic area of expertise and how you intend to carry out this project), Certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) and mention their current domicile in the body of the mail to: [email protected] with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Public Health Expert on HIV DSD”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org