PROGRAM MANAGER – (1 POST)
The Registered Trustees of Friedkin Conservation Fund of Tanzania (FCFT), a Trust duly registered in Tanzania whose address is P.O.Box 2782, Arusha and with extended operations to Meatu region. The Trust’s main activity is to organise and support Tanzania’s Wildlife conservation projects, researchs, community awareness and involvement aiming at preserving wilderness (flora and fauna) for the benefit of Tanzania and its community.
We are currently looking for a Program Manager (One (1) post – Meatu) to be part of our team.
Oversee and direct the affairs and operations of FCFT. Identify, budget, manage, supervise all conservation initiatives, including community engagement, research and monitoring, and wildlife management of the FCFT as per the vision and mission of the Registered Trustee of Friedkin Conservation Fund.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- To oversee implementation of a conservation strategy aimed at achieving measurable conservation outcomes.
- To approve and provide input on research conducted supported by FCFT, and ensure that findings are integrated into management plans.
- To ensure monitoring and evaluation of program outcomes and impacts, in line with FCFT monitoring plan.
- Work closely together with the BOD including holding monthly meetings.
- To provide technical input and advice on relevant project activities in adherence with FCFT’s Strategic Plan.
- To work with FCFT staff to provide input on and ensure timely preparation of work plans, budgets, and project activities.
- To help identify and develop potential conservation projects and work towards their implementation.
- Assistance in identification of potential sources of funding and preparation of various applications where required.
- To ensure efficient and transparent use of funds.
- To ensure that public or private donations/grants are properly managed, and prepare reporting and ensure compliance with regulations.
- To work with the Human Resources department to recruit, compile detailed job descriptions and standard operating procedures relevant to each position, motivate project’s staff to maintain high standards of excellence.
- To manage, direct and supervise the affairs of the company and to maintain a general efficiency by applying modern planning and organizing standards and tools.
- To ensure that the administration and office is run in a well-organized manner and in accordance with accepted corporate standards.
- To produce and to regularly review, update and amend policies and procedures in relation to the operation of the Trust.
- To ascertain legal, financial and secretarial compliance of the company and in the event of any shortfalls to report the same immediately to the directors.
- To prepare detailed annual budgets in time for the approval of the board, and to produce a financial overview on an ongoing manner for the presentation at the monthly meetings.
- To control and liaise on incoming donations with donors, and to oversee the allocation of the funds to FCFT and related Projects.
- To provide to the BOD reporting of all stages on the Company’s projects undertaken in Tanzania, including the provision of project reports and photos.
- To ensure that all projects are completed on time and within the allocated budget. This shall include ensuring that where applied the engaged contractors deliver their works according to their specific terms of engagement.
- To prepare annual reports of activities and compile annual budgets and present to the members in the Annual General Meeting for approval.
- To work with the Company’s legal advisors in performing necessary statutory filings and registration of documents relating to the initiatives of the Company and maintaining proper records of the same.
- To maintain liaison and communications with third parties dealing with the Company including but not limited to Tanzania National Parks Authority (TANAPA), Wildlife Department (TAWA), Tanzania wildlife Research Institute (TAWIRI), Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA), Wildlife Management Area (WMA), government authorities, bi-lateral donor agencies, villages and the communities benefiting from the Company’s initiatives.
- To oversee and ensure the proper use, care and handling of the company assets including but not limited to all vehicles, and the guiding, supervising and controlling of the vehicle drivers.
- To perform any other services incidental to the above or as instructed by the Managing Director.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS Education:
- A minimum Advanced Diploma / Bachelor degree in wildlife management, conservation, environmental studies or equivalent.
- An advanced level of computer literacy with special focus on MS Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) skills with experience in use of excel project tracker spreadsheets
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in social economic field of conservation or community related projects
- Good project report writing skills, including the compilation and analysis of project outcomes data, and synthesis of conclusions
- Experience in stakeholder management and small to medium team management
- Experience in donor funded project planning and design for fundraising bids with private and bilateral donors an advantage, compilation of budgets as well as financial oversight into projects.
- Ability to travel nationally within Tanzania on a regular basis, work with local communities in remote areas.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English, both written and oral
- A passion for wildlife conservation
- High Leadership skill, team player who demonstrates the ability to build and develop successful teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes and copy of certificates to HR Office (for hard copies) or via email to: [email protected]
We offer equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women and if you are not contacted by the HR Department within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following; competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward applications before 1st June 2021.