Procurement and Logistics Officer
RTI ACTS Project in Tanzania is recruiting for Procurement and logistics officer. Under direct supervision of the Finance & Grants Manager, the Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the management of all project procurements and assist with processing service contracts, leases, and rental agreements; coordinating logistics and travel arrangements; and supporting project training, workshops, meetings and surveys in the field in full compliance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Serve as a Procurement Officer for the project, assuring all sub-contracts, consultant and other service contracts, and purchase orders awarded by the project are in compliance with RTI Procurement Policy for International Offices and USAID rules and regulations.
- Identify vendors for office lease, utilities, furniture, equipment, programmatic supplies and other necessary office services in accordance with RTI procurement procedures and in consultation with RTI’s regional and head offices.
- Execute procurement tasks for all procuring equipment and services (hotel, airline tickets, etc.).
- Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from regional or head office IT support team members for related IT goods.
- Coordinate and ensure that all project-related purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the purchase authorization matrix.
- Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the PO/SA. Furthermore, ensure quality and opportune delivery of purchased goods/services.
- Responsible for project property control and inventory management; keeps records of controlled and managed equipment in RTI systems.
- Maintain record list of property and manage equipment for the project into RAMS application and submit relevant issues to home office.
- Act as the property control officer (asset move, asset lost, asset on loan, etc.) and responsible for proper recording of the project office assets.
- Responsible for asset disposal management as appropriate.
- Oversee payment preparation and documentation and liaise closely with the finance team concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
- Assist with processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
- Coordinate logistics planning and administration for travel, accommodation, and per diem for in-country conferences, meetings, and study tours.
- Support in-country project meetings, workshops, and surveys. This may include booking rooms, coordinating schedules, issuing and tracking meeting invitations, preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials, and preparing meeting notes, as well as dispersing funds in the field.
- Provide high-quality document formatting and production assistance.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Domestic travel may be required occasionally.
- Master’s degree in relevant field and 1-year working experience or Bachelor’s degree with 3 years working experience in project procurement and administration.
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at [email protected] Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the [email protected] email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
Finance and Grants Manager
RTI International Tanzania ACTs project is selecting for Finance and Grants Manager. Under the oversight of the Chief of Party (COP), the Finance and Grants Manager will deal with all monetary and award exercises of the venture in-country. S/he will work intimately with the COP, specialized staff, and RTI territorial and home office staff to guarantee project assets are viably and productively utilized to accomplish project destinations and results. The Finance and Grants Manager should guarantee that project execution is done in a climate of solid controls and that the undertaking agrees with RTI and USAID rules and guidelines and all pertinent nearby laws. S/he will guarantee suitable frameworks and methods (finance, cash the executives, merchant installments, planning and determining, acquisition, property the board, awards the executives and other related monetary and operational assignments) are set up to appropriately dispense, record, spending plan, and report project assets in convenient and financially savvy way. The Finance and Grants Manager is answerable for monetary and awards quality control and announcing and should guarantee monetary and operational data is given to project authority, specialized staff, territorial and home office staff for convenient dynamic.
This position directs the venture’s field-based Finance, Grants, and Procurements and Logistics staff, roughly four full-time staff (one Finance staff, two Grants staff, and one Procurement and Logistics staff).
Guarantee consistence with RTI money, bookkeeping and obtainment arrangements and methods just as nearby laws (for example charges, customs, enrollment, limit unbillable costs);
Guarantee convenient accommodation of month to month bookkeeping reports (starter and last concentrates) including preliminary adjusts, monetary records, P&L articulations to project authority and RTI Home Office, and survey asset report compromises;
Audit, affirm and pay out cash distributions to sellers and grantees in a convenient way and guarantee that all costs are reasonable, allocable and archived per RTI/USAID strategy and have sufficient help documentation.
Liable for the board of monetary reports and keeping a legitimate recording framework that guarantees archives can be recovered effortlessly;
Oversee constantly task’s inward and outer monetary reviews, circle back to execution of review and consistence audit proposals;
Oversee and screen execution of office trivial money framework, direct the administration of money accessible sum in safe, check adjusts, and guarantee monetary security guidelines are followed;
Work with regularly scheduled finance and dispatch required retentions and other advantage the board;
Evaluate month to month income needs for the project and convey cash solicitations to Home Office as per arranged exercises;
Direct the administration of ledgers: follow moves, check adjusts, check approved costs and online exchanges, prompt COP on changes in financial balance signatories;
Guarantee bank compromises of all records are performed month to month and consistence issues tended to in an ideal design and prompt task initiative in like manner
Track esteem added charges (VAT), aggregate entries to Tanzania Revenue Authority and US government through the neighborhood US mission, screen movement and update conventions;
Guarantee adherence to RTI’s standard working strategies for the acquisition of items as depicted in the undertaking’s Field Office Operations manual and RTI’s Global Operations site;
Guarantee that verifications of procurement are substantial (contracts, orders, charges, solicitations, conveyance receipts, and so on);
Issue progresses and guarantee staff follow RTI’s development liquidation arrangements;
Use/audit month to month monetary and operational checking instruments (conjecture, obtainment tracker, action tracker, and so forth);
Audit and give monetary contributions to month to month conjecture refreshes;
Examine holes between arranged spending plans and genuine costs and report to COP, Home Office staff and action leads;
Distinguish project monetary dangers and talk with the COP for redressing these and, where vital, look for local money regulator support and additionally home office support.
Give by and large specialized and authoritative initiative in the space of sub-award the executives, remembering direct oversight of the undertaking’s for country awards staff to:
Set up, oversee, and give award monetary help identified with the award making part of the program exercises;
Guarantee awards the executives and announcing are consistent with USAID awards the board guidelines;
Circle back to the award documents refreshed with financial plans, award agreements, and arrangements
Guarantee the readiness and opportune accommodation of award specialized and monetary reports and spending moves;
Guarantee sub-grantee complete the pre-grant necessities (MSQ, Anti-psychological warfare and Site visit appraisal apparatus) and consented to allow arrangement and award adjustments;
Guarantee that award cash is utilized by the operational and monetary requirements of the program by inspecting the supporting records through ordinary spot checks;
In a joint effort with the program group, follow whether grantees present every one of the necessary reports and different expectations according to the program portrayal and execution plan;
Guarantee that sub-grantees follow pertinent guidelines and spend the award assets as proposed;
Audit sub-grantee solicitations against the endorsed achievement timetables to confirm that achievements are invoiced as planned;
In a joint effort with the Grants Manager, check sub-award costs are caused inside the award period and supporting documentation for solicitations is accessible;
Gives specialized help as needed to fabricate limit of neighborhood accomplices and grantees.
Work intimately with RTI’s property control group to oversee and appropriately discard all non-nonessential property bought by the venture in-country
Supervise nearby acquisition endeavors in counsel with RTI’s territorial office in Nairobi and RTI’s US contracts
Perform different obligations as might be allocated by prompt chief
Guarantee all staff hold fast to monetary and operational arrangements illustrated in the Field Operations Handbook, train project staff as fundamental on RTI/USAID monetary and operational strategies and techniques (propels, cost reports, travel strategy, suitable versus unallowable expenses, and so forth)
Update the TORs of the account division in a joint effort with the COP and Human Resources Manager depending on the situation;
Regulate the day by day tasks of the account division and attempt evaluations of straightforwardly managed associates;
Guarantee limit working for account colleagues to build the degree of specialized capacity and abilities inside the division to convey monetary and operational yields;
Improve data streams inside the division and with different offices inside the Tanzania project;
Draw in with Finance Managers from other RTI/Tanzania activities to organize undertakings, share best practices and exercises learned, and work together on measure upgrades.
Graduate degree and 6 years of expert experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of expert involvement with Business Administration/Financial Management or identical blend of instruction and experience. CPA, ACCA liked
As a worldwide manager of decision, RTI is focused on value, variety, consideration and having a place in the work environment and the networks and markets where we serve our central goal. We esteem variety of thought, culture, foundation and viewpoint and welcome candidates regardless of race, shading, religion, sex, age, conjugal status, sexual direction, sex personality, public beginning, statement of faith, citizenship status, incapacity, veteran status, or some other arrangement ensured by relevant separation laws or RTI strategy.
We are glad to be an equivalent chance business. All certified candidates will get thought for work regardless of race, shading, religion, sex, sexual direction, sex personality, public beginning, incapacity status, ensured veteran status, or some other trademark secured by law. Additional data is accessible here.
Morals Notice: No one at RTI may at any point request installment for anything of significant worth in return for anything identified with the recruiting cycle (counting, for instance, for applying for, meeting for, or accepting any proposal of business). In the event that any such solicitation is made, kindly report this solicitation secretly to RTI’s Ethics office at [email protected] Any installment caused will to preclude any candidate from future work at RTI. Kindly just utilize the [email protected] email address to report morals concerns; any employment forms shipped off this email address won’t be prepared.
RTI International is a free, not-for-profit research establishment committed to improving the human condition. Customers depend on us to address addresses that request a goal and multidisciplinary approach—one that incorporates aptitude across the social and lab sciences, designing, and global turn of events. We put stock in the guarantee of science, and we are enlivened each day to follow through on that guarantee to benefit individuals, networks, and organizations all throughout the planet. For more data, visit www.rti.org.