Senior Exploration Field Geologist
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit one (1) Senior Exploration Geologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and ensure activities are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
Reporting to: Exploration Manager
- Ensure Exploration Department members and associated contractors had Zero LTIs. Increased focus on reporting and investigation of high potential incidents.
- The immediate stoppage of unsafe behaviors. Proactive in sending safety messages, safety alerts, interactions with teams, and participating in safety meetings. FLRA conducted at all workplaces without fail.
- To execute the exploration programs, including but not limited to mapping, soil sampling, drill rig supervision, core logging, manage field logistics, collect geological data, and evaluate results on a daily basis in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Be proactive in approaching and building teamwork with Department Team Members
- Provide a high level of mentoring to the team members and ensure are being developed to their best for future roles
- The high degree of interaction with other leaders (removing silos between teams)
- Participate in program planning to ensure that programs are designed considering alternative options, costs, target rankings (and are in line with Life of Mine strategy)
- Participate in the review of Brownfields targets and rankings, and development of staged evaluation programs
- Develop detailed documentation to justify proposed exploration programs in order to support Capital applications and Budgets
- Participate in reducing overall exploration costs through effective management, options analysis, minimizing delay times, control of consumables, etc.
- Ensure optimal drilling schedule is adhered to and deliver priority targets in a timely manner
- Ensure drilling programs are managed to deliver datasets for Mineral Resource updates in line with the Mine Planning cycle. The incumbent will also be required to evaluate section maps and plans for the drilling programs. Ensuring high-quality synthesis maps and presentation are established on all key projects with a focus on the geological context in time.
- Increased focus on the technical development of geoscientists
- Technical Reports completed on schedule
- Help in the technical development of geoscientists; identify high performers and align for advancement
- Ensure continuous improvement processes with Project Geology to deliver improved quality of geological inputs and supervision of brownfield exploration activities
- Ensure data capture is subjected to rigorous quality control
- Ensure lithological and structure wireframes/models are continually updated with new data.
- Develop and manage initiatives to deliver cost improvements in areas of responsibility;
- Ensure working in a corruption-free environment
- Zero Reputational damaging incidents;
- Brownfields opportunities are reviewed/updated, ranked and staged programs defined, scheduled and cost accounted. The justification presented to the Exploration Manager for consideration. Drilling programs progressing as planned in a safe manner with holes drilled and logged at planned cost. Progress and results are communicated to management in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Member of the SEG or equivalent
- 5 – 10 years experience in geology (preferably geology exploration)
- Experience in managing exploration data/drilling programs
- Hands-on experience in fieldwork, exploration data, and drilling programs
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge in geology software (ArcGIS, data mine, micro mine, leapfrog, Surpac, Vulcan software
- Project management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business improvement tools
- Practical hands-on mapping, sampling and logging skills.
- Team Leadership
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “SENIOR EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short-listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 18 May 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org