The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based Direct Aid (AD). In line with this expansion, of SUMAIT University – Zanzibar. The University is also making restructuring of Programs and Faculties in Education and Administration positions to accommodate the business needs.
Therefore, SUMAIT University wishes to invite both applications from suitable Internal and External qualified Individuals to fill the academic vacant posts as follows:-
Head of Admission, Registration and Certification (1 Post)
The Admission, Registration and Certification Head will help establish and update our procedures and criteria, work with potential students to determine their eligibility, and oversee the admissions and registration process as we evaluate applications and issues decisions.
To be a successful Admission, Registration & Certification Head, you should be committed to promoting our University and attracting top talent. You should be engaging, highly organized, and analytical with exceptional communication skills.
Essential Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Admitting and registering students according to the TCU procedures and University principles.
- Helping university, and other academic institutions establish, examine, alter, and explain admissions guidelines, processes, and requirements.
- Assisting in the admissions decision making process as student applications are evaluated and accepted or denied.
- Providing students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid applications, enrollment issues, or other procedures.
- Reviewing and interpreting student information, including test scores, extracurricular activities, and grades.
- Communicating changes, statistics, and other information to the University Vice Chancellor, DVC Academic, and department heads.
- Preparing all necessary arrangements for registration of students and courses, and monitoring academic load for students in accordance with the instructions, and follow-up add-and-drop processes.
- Following up on matters related to transfer students from other universities.
- Preparing lists of expected graduates and checking their academic records and study plans.
- Following up on execution of curricula in the electronic system.
- Preparing statistics and reports needed inside and outside the University.
- Issuing graduation certificates and transcripts in addition to other documents in both Arabic and English.
- Preparing pamphlets, brochures and forms related to admission and registration.
- Directing, hiring, and coaching admissions staff members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula, and programs.
- Master’s or Bachelor degree in Education, Information Technology (IT), Statistics, Social studies or other related field may be preferred.
- Extensive experience in education or admissions and Registration.
- Understanding of statistics, admissions requirements and procedures, and financial aid application processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information.
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 14 June 2021. Or you can send your application through Email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 June 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com