Mzumbe University invites applications from suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to Mzumbe University as Academic Staff at the level of Assistant Lecturer in the areas of specialization indicated below:-.
POSITION: ASSISTANT LECTURER – (5 Posts)
Areas of Specialization
- Environmental Management (One post)
- Health Monitoring and Evaluation (Two posts)
- Human Resource Management (Three posts)
Qualification and Experience
Holder of Master’s Degree in a specialized functional area with at least a GPA of 4.0. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 in First Degree and be assessed as a potentially good academically. The applicant should have a consistent career progression in his/her relevant area of specialization from Bachelor to Master’s Degree.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Lecturer are as follows:
- Carry out lectures; conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate programmes;
- Prepare and present case studies;
- Conduct and publish/disseminate research results;
- Participate/contribute in curriculum development;
- Recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support;
- Guide students in various academic issues;
- Participate in consultancies and community services;
- Supervise field practicals and undergraduate projects;
- Attend workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Perform any other duties that may assigned by the supervisor.
Salary Scale: PUTS 2.1
Mode of Application:
The application letters accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant certificates and transcripts should reach the undersigned, in hard copies, not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement. Candidates must also give names, contact addresses as well as telephone numbers of two referees best known to them.
Please note the following:
- Applicants must be Public Servants.
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers.
- The positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English & Kiswahili languages.
- Certificates issued by foreign universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover the transfer costs because the transfer is considered to be self-initiated.
- Applicants should indicate the positions they are applying for on top of the envelope.
- Applicants should be ready to work at any of the University’s campuses i.e. Mbeya, Dar es Salaam and Main Campus (Morogoro).
- Only successful candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/or telephone
- Successful candidates will have to participate in an induction course in pedagogical skills for those who have not acquired them.
Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 1,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com