Job Title: Sales Manager
A leading mining and fertilizer manufacturing company based near Babati, Manyara region (opposite Tarangire National Park) in Tanzania is looking to hire a Sales Manager who will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential as well as supervising the sales representations and conduct trials in the field for fertilizer with prior knowledge in agriculture.
- To ensure various blends of fertilizers which are made are sold as per budgeted targets.
- To ensure branch network is properly monitored and targets are achieved.
- To develop new markets and products in conjunction with the Head of Extension.
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Managing recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Roll out established sales strategy effectively and ensure that processes put in place are being adhered to.
- Establishing and Managing key relationships in relation to their customer base, and subordinates.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Agri Business with an MBA in Sales & Marketing.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- 10 – 15 years in an Agro-inputs company dealing in sale of Fertilizers and seed.
- Should be independent and should be result oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.