INTERNSHIPS at Agape AIDS Control Programme
Intern Title: Project Accountant Intern [1 position based in Shinyanga]
Agape AIDS Control Programme (AACP) was established on 24th of January, 2006 as a CBO working to cover Shinyanga Region and later registered as an NGO on 24th June, 2009 by the Ministry of Community Development, Gender and Children and was issued with the Reg. 00NGO/00003233 under the NGOs Act of 2002, 12 (2) Tanzania Laws. AACP is a Non-partisan, Non-Religious, and Non-profit Organization geared at promoting human rights and Community Development. AACP was established with the aim of preventing and controlling HIV/AIDS and its effects on the community.
In 2009, AACP came to realize that violation of Human Rights in the Community was a Problem. Since then, AGAPE started working on four core programs which are; HIV/AIDS control and prevention, child and youth protection, legal aid services provision, and Prevention of Gender-Based Violence (GBV), child marriages and early pregnancies. In 2014, AACP add another component to its core works of Skillful parenting to ensure teenage mothers are trained on the best ways to raise their babies and reduce child abuse cases in the communities.
Organizational Mission: To empower the Community to challenge Human Rights violation by strengthening their capacity to improve their resources of Income and reduce poverty, HIV/AIDS transmission, GBV prevalence, Child abuse and advance its mitigation measures “and the
Organizational Vision: To see the Community is free from Human Rights Violation and discrimination where Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Domestic Workers, Women, Youth, PLWHAs, and the Community at large live harmonious happy life and Dignity”.
Purpose of the Post:
Project Accountant Intern supposes to be part of the team responsible for maintaining efficient and accurate accounting duties.
Roles and Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
● Get involved in receiving, process all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash receipts and disbursements data into various forms and templates, also process expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
● Disburses funds from the office’s petty cash fund and prepares requests for reimbursement of the fund.
● Ensure and handle external and internal audits.
● Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly/Quarterly financial information.
● Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
● Ensure monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
● Collaborate with the other departments in the organization to support overall department goals and objectives.
● Assist in the development and implementation of new financial procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the financial department.
● Deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
● To match invoices from suppliers with purchase orders, to ensure prices and costs are agreed in advance.
● To ensure the optimum utilization of funds.
● To prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
● To prepare journal vouchers
● To review the Financial Regulations and Accounting Manual and recommend amendments for improvement
Recommended for you
● To manage the accounting systems
● To keep in safe custody under lock and key all accountable documents
● To maintain and update accountable/document register
● To maintains, fixed assets register and calculation of depreciation
● To make payment of salaries and other remunerations
● To perform any other financial duties as assigned by the Programme Coordinator or Director
● Comply with the Organization Child protection Policy, Gender Policy, Financial Policy, Statement of Commitment to child protection and adherence to Tanzanian laws and that of our partners
● Maintain and promote the good image of the organization with its associates, including donors, clients, partners, and Local Government Authorities
Additional Job Requirements:
● Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
● Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
● Knowledge and ability in the use of software applications (e.g. quick books, Ms Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
● Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
● Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
● Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
Experience & Qualifications:
● Bachelor degree in Accountancy, Finance, or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy from recognized and reputable university
● Candidate with CPA will be added advantage
● Knowledge of Financial Management Rules and Regulations
● Ability to work under a minimum supervision
● Knowledge and experience of using QuickBooks is mandatory
General Application Instructions to all Applicants:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and CV (Max of 4 pages in a PDF format) electronically to the Executive Director, Agape AIDS Control Programme (AACP), P.O.BOX 2189 Shinyanga, email; email@example.com and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 25th July 2020. AACP is an equal opportunity employer.
The application email should have a subject line reading – Application for Project Accountant Intern – based in Shinyanga so that we do not miss your application. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Note: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
INTERNSHIPS at Agape AIDS Control Programme