Engineering Superintendent Job Opportunity at GGM- July 2020
Engineering Superintendent Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Goldfields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic, and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Engineering Superintendent
Job Number: GGM-2020-XPE-04.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager Process Plant.
Posted by Editorial Staff from AjiraLeo.com
Qualifications: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: Minimum 10 years working experience in fixed plant maintenance especially the gold processing plant.
Purpose of the Role: To provide cross-functional technical and management support to all other engineers on the plant as detailed below and to provide oversight function on behalf of the Process Manager to Plant Electrical Maintenance, Plant Mechanical Maintenance and plant Instrumentations (hardware and software).
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Plant Engineering Safety & Systems
- To develop and implement safety practices and systems and to manage baseline risks such as Hot Work, De¬energize Lockout, working at heights, Lifting; Light vehicles, etc.
- To ensure compliance with corporate fatal risk control guideline
- To lead and investigate all machinery-related accidents and incidents
Engineering Superintendent Job Opportunity at GGM- July 2020
Discipline Management & Strategy
- To provide direct output support to the Process Manager in the Management and Control of the Plant Engineering Discipline at Geita mine
- Serve as the point of contact on all plant and power plant engineering matters and to represent GGM to both internal and external stakeholders.
- To identify & maintain the plant engineering risk log detailing long term risks specifically with regards to staffing & resources and to put plans in place to mitigate
- To set overall standards and procedures and to ensure integration with the group and regional strategies
- To represent plant engineering at mine interdepartmental levels e.g. standards meeting and at Mancom level as and when required.
- To set up and attend supplier liaison meetings in collaboration with engineering senior supervisors
- Overall mine-wide engineering campaigns such as energy efficiency, asset care, etc.
- To provide cross-functional technical and management support as per SP roles to all other engineers on the plant as detailed below and to provide oversight function on behalf of the Process Manager to the following positions
Plant Electrical Maintenance
- Asset Management.
- Custodian of the plant asset management (Engineering) plan including rollout and integration of the Asset Management Framework, in a collaborative approach with the Reliability Engineer.
- Conduct internal audits and over-inspections on behalf of the Process Manager and to ensure adherence and compliance with asset management plans/strategy.
- To manage the SAP system for the plant
- Setup and manage the plant engineering document repository for drawings and manuals
- Review and or Set the Service strategy for all plant and equipment leading to the implementing a maintenance philosophy and scheduled maintenance programs that are aligned with operations to achieve long runs of IQ- 12 weeks between major shuts, and substantially increase plant availability and reliability
- Effective planning and use of engineering capital for plant shutdowns and other improvements. Put in place the necessary plans and monitoring process to anticipate issues rather than being overtaken by them.
- Effective use of resources including money and equipment. Monitoring the stock levels of critical spares and supplies such that the plant does not run out.
Engineering Capital & Projects
- To serve as the plant representative on all capital projects and represent the Process Plant on Geita Standards Committee
- To set up and maintain the plant capital management process in conjunction with the GGM Capital and Reliability Engineer
- To co-ordinate plan and execute plant projects in all sections
- To manage both Al and SIB capital
- Asset Integrity custodian
- To continuously review and update plant asset integrity risks and to develop mitigation plans
- To co-ordinate the plant asset integrity process including audits and assessment visits
- To prepare Al documentation, supporting budgets, schedules and execution plans for all plant asset integrity projects
BPF – Engineering
- To receive the business plans and targets and to translate such into an integrated engineering plan including the setting of equipment performance targets
- To set service strategies for critical equipment in conjunction with the Engineering Senior Supervisors and to develop the plant engineering budgets to ensure compliance with the plant metallurgical “cookbook”
- As part of asset management to review overall plant work planning KPI’s including planned/breakdown ratios, top 10 failures, availability/utilization calculations
- To set up an overall master schedule for planned maintenance work with specific reference to major shutdown activity planning
- To manage SAP from an engineering work planning and task description perspective
- To review equipment performance against targets and to initiate conduct A&l projects where performance expectations are not met
- Plant Mechanical Maintenance
- To technically manage the plant capital/critical stores
- To review spares and resource requirements in collaboration with the engineering senior supervisors and the Master Operating Schedules and to engage with stakeholders, Store Liaison meetings, and actively participate in Process Plant Safety liaison meeting and Training and development liaison meetings
Audits & IMIU engineering custodian
- To undertake plant reviews to improve the plant’s risk ratings
- To co-ordinate and manage for the plant from an engineering perspective the IMIU, group assurance, 18 Month audit process and AuRisk / WMRS.
- To update risk logs with findings and to develop management plans to mitigate risks
- Plant Services & Infrastructure
- Plant amenity buildings maintenance
- Plant salvage yard (Scrap disposal)
- Water supply from Lake Victoria
- Plant projects/construction teams
- Building contractors
- QA and QCP management
- Light Vehicles
- To maintain a vehicle register and to advise LME when to scrap/repiace as per the vehicle replacement policy
- Technical Training & Development (in collaboration with HR) and with functional Mgrs.
- To conduct engineering development panel interviews
- To develop skills matrices for all engineering work types
- To identify training and development shortcomings and to identify training needs
- To develop an engineering artisan refresher program
- Valid Tanzanian Driving License
- Ability to write and speak English.
- Computer literate
- Registration with the engineering board (ERB)
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Engineering Superintendent and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. Please include your GGM number on your cover letter.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 21st July, 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.