2 Job Opportunities at World Vision International – TANZANIA
2 Job Opportunities at World Vision International – TANZANIA
JOB TITLE: Senior Communications Public Engagement Officer
Location: Dar es salaam
The Senior Communications Public Engagement Officer supports the management communication and public engagement function in keeping the World Vision employees and the public at every level informed on positive developments in the organization and support the process of explaining and building an understanding of the mission and vision of World Vision Tanzania. He/she is responsible for managing, developing products and tools facilitating channels of communication that promote information sharing and learning. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining, updating and promoting the World Vision Tanzania website to internal and external audiences, especially donors. He/she will also develop and disseminate key communications resources for marketing, public awareness, and management of emergencies. The incumbent will also observe the mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Required Professional Experience
A person with three years of working experience in the field of communications and public engagement. With a strong knowledge of the media industry in the country. He/she must be critical and possess writing and editing skills. The candidate must know how to take photos and videos for documentation. He/she must be innovative and knows design applications. Understanding of INGO is added value.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or Public Relation
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- English language fluency (written and verbal)
- Excellent writing skills, with photographic and video skills also preferred
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- Demonstrated experience in using website programs
- High level of confidence and confidentiality
- Design skills for materials to be shared online platforms.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Deadline: 24th February 2021
READ MORE AND TO APPLY HERE!
JOB TITLE: Senior People and Culture Officer
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast-growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of TZ’s. 17 billion and 30,000 customer base, more than 5,000 of them being smallholder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have a passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below;
Work reference no. 001
Position: Senior People and Culture Officer
Reporting to: Head of People and Culture (HPC)
Responsible for Assisting/ supporting the Head People and Culture in facilitating all personnel-related issues (recruitment, training, talent management & performance management) in accordance with VFT – MFB’s policies
- Prepare and update manpower plan and succession plan.
- Responsible for recruitment, advise the HPC on shortlisted candidates to ensure that the organization has the required quality of staff.
- Prepare P & C budget for Board approval.
- Prepare and update Compensation and Package Scheme.
- Work with HPC to prepare position matrices for staff and design staff positions and HAY grades in accordance with the organization changes.
- Monitor reports and suggests appropriate actions with regards to staff turnover.
- Responsible for P&C/HR manual review.
- Ensure annual staff training plan & budget.
- In collaboration with HoD develops and reviews staff update/training manuals/modules.
- Work with the HPC to coordinate Our Voice survey & reporting, monitor the implementation of the identified gaps.
- Ensure consistent coaching for performance conversations.
- Monitor all employment contracts and ensure timely update of staff contracts in accordance to the country’s labor laws.
- Keep track of all legal issues in liaison with Advocates and Department/ Business Centre & Branch Managers on matters arising from different areas of operations.
- Provide guidance to the P&C whistleblower committee on policies & regulations governing staff disciplinary and other related matters.
- Responsible for Staff Monthly reports and newsletters when due.
- Respond to daily employees’ questions/issues timely and in an appropriate manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in a professional HR environment
- Understanding and training in the Labour laws in Tanzania
- Experience with and proficiency in using Human resource information systems
- Payroll management and experience in benefits administration is preferred
Special / Personal Abilities
- Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness
- Excellent trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Innovative and analytical
- Very good planning skills
- Proficient in Micro Soft office applications
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
About our working environment & remuneration.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
The position should be the subject of the email application. OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania
Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546,
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 February 2021