Job Opportunty at Maendeleo Bank, Head of Internal Audit
Head of Internal Audit
Maendeleo Bank PLC is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position of Head of Internal Audit at its Head Office. The Bank seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated and professional individual to manage internal audit functions.
Responsible for evaluating and contributing to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes for the bank and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors, administers the Audit Policies and Procedures, and coordinates the activities of the bank’s external auditors, BoT Examiners as well as other assurance providers.
- Independently carry out annual risk assessment process and develop a risk based internal audit plan
- Accountable for development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities.
- Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures and programs.
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and adequacy of the system of control to achieve the established objectives.
- Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities and prepare varied analyses of departments and branches.
- Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, fraud and errors.
- Supervise, conduct and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls and recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
- Advise Top Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit and internal controls.
- Ensure audits are carried out in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as issued from time to time by the Institute of Internal Auditors as well as those issued by Information Systems Audit and Controls Association (ISACA).
- Lead teams working under his/her supervision ensuring work is completed to the required standard and within timelines provided.
- Perform special reports, projects, analysis etc as may be requested by the Board of Directors or Managing Director.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
Holder of Business-related Degree with at least 5 years’ experience in Management of which 3 years must be within audit functions. Possession of CPA (T) or ACCA is a MUST. A Candidate should have Sound knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations and best Banking practices.
Maendeleo Bank PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. The successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application:
Applications addressed to the Managing Director, P. O. Box 216, Dar es Salaam enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees should be sent latest by 15th November 2020 at or before 17.00 hours or through E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org