Job Opportunity Dodoma at PACT Tanzania – Administrative Officer
Administrative Officer – ACHIEVE Tanzania Project
Job Locations TZ
Job ID 2020-1503
# of Openings 1
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Administrative Officer, located in Dodoma, will provide administrative and coordination support to the ACHIEVE Team in Tanzania, with a focus on the Dodoma office.
- Provide administrative support for the ACHIEVE/Dodoma office for meeting planning, documentation, and logistics
- Coordinate logistics and travel for project staff and short-term technical assistance providers
- Support the development and management of the project’s filing systems, to ensure that program and administrative documentation is well organized, accessible to staff for knowledge management, and in line with USAID requirements
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Other duties as may be required
- BA/B.Sc. in public health, public administration, business, international development, or other related field
- 1-2 years of NGO work experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Experience with logistics and procurement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time
- Experience in OVC case management, DREAMS programs, and/or capacity development preferred
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.