Job Opportunity at VSO, Driver
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Your primary responsibilities will be to drive passengers, run errands and undertake other logistical activities. Ensure that Project vehicle and driving policies and good practice are followed at all times. Manage vehicles as requested, including cleaning; checking toolbox contents are complete; daily checks.
- Full valid and clean driving license and significant level of driving experience with minimum of three years and above.
- Familiar with and able to undertake basic 4WD vehicle check and séricine
- Excellent knowledge of the Country geography
- Good understanding of English
- Holding of secondary School Certificate
- Able to travel and spend time away from home for extended periods of time
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization with progressive work standards
- Commitment to VSO’s values and sensitivity to equal opportunities particularly regarding HIV&AIDS, disability and gender.
- Experience working with international Non-Government Organizations
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 November 2020