Job Opportunity at Sightsavers, Data Visualisation Officer
Data Visualisation Officer
Sightsavers is looking for a Data Visualisation Officer who is enthusiastic about data, is experienced in capacity building, health data and systems strengthening, and has excellent relationship-building skills.
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract Salary: Local terms and conditions apply Location: The role will be based at one of the following Sightsavers Offices: Senegal – Dakar, Kenya – Nairobi, Malawi- Lilongwe, Mozambique – Nampula, Zambia – Lusaka, Uganda – Kampala or Tanzania – Dar es Salaam.
Sightsavers is going through a digital transformation in utilising data for key decision making. The organisation is rolling out data analytics through the provision of Power BI reports to all key data users, as a central tenant of promoting a data driven culture. Data analytics is increasingly supporting the management, development and monitoring of programmes and projects throughout Sightsavers Portfolio. To help us continue this process of promoting a data driven culture within the organisation, we are recruiting for a Data Visualisation Officer.
As Data Visualisation Officer, you will work within the Data Analytics and Reporting Team to produce and maintain a suite of Power BI reports. You will support the adoption of data visualisation software into the normal working practices of Sightsavers staff internationally by providing training and capacity building and encouraging a strong culture for data use and visual analytics is at the heart of all our project work.
It is anticipated the position will involve some international travel of up to 8 weeks per year, if/when non-urgent international travel becomes feasible again.
Data Visualisation Officer responsibilities include:
- Assessing stakeholders data visualisation needs and designing and building Power BI reports that provide data driven solutions.
- Create Power BI reports for a wide range of organisational user groups with a focus on providing a strong, data focused, user experience that meet accessibility requirements.
- Updating and maintaining Power BI reports, including new software updates and team-specific data sets and visualisations.
- Capacity building and training of Sightsavers staff internationally on Power BI and data analytics.
- As Data Visualisation Officer, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in international development, data science, statistics, or appropriate equivalent, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Power BI, Tableau or other data visualisation software
- Experience building and embedding data analytics tools into existing work practices.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing a training programme.
- Experience working with and supporting staff on an international basis
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information, practices, and ideas to a non-technical audience.
- An understanding of good data cleaning practices to prepare data sets for use in analytics software.
- Proficiency in English language
- Master’s degree in international development, data science, statistics or appropriate equivalent, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within the International Development or Public Health sector.
- Experience of digital transformation, implementing new software/tools/working practices within an organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of using SQL.
- Proficiency in French language
- Availability to travel internationally up to 8 weeks per year (Covid-19 restrictions permitting).
- This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.
- Applications must be written in English.
How to apply
Applications must be written in English.
Please apply using the below link. When applying please be aware that you will be prompted to include your CV or Cover Letter, please ignore this. Only information included in the online application form will be considered.
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 November 2020