Job Opportunity at Shuwasa, Planning And Construction Engineer II
POST: PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER II – 1 POST
POST: CATEGORY(S) ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
EMPLOYER: Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority, (SHUWASA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2020-11-02 2020-11-16
Responsible for planning, designing and Construction of water and sewer Networks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data collection. Analysis, system design and preparation of procedures for urban water supply and sewerage network;
- To carry out technical, economic, social and financial appraisal of a proposed project and make recommendation to management;
- To prepare master plan for urban water supply and sewerage network
- To establish technical and economic guidelines for the development of water supply and sewerage network;
- To establish water supply, sewerage and structural design standard and specifications for all development works undertaken by the water authority;
- To recommend physical and financial performance targets for projects implementation in consultation with the technical manager;
- To ensure that proper construction progress records are kept and periodic progress reports are produced from each contract;
- To ensure proper supervision of all water supply and sewerage network construction contract;
- To review submitted design tender documents and contract forms;
- To coordinate project proposals from different sources;
- To coordinate issues of variations orders, recommends extensions of time and ensures settlement of contractors claims; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from any Government recognised university with good command of AutoCAD (Computer Aided Drawings), EPANET (For Water Supply Design) and Basics of Arc GIS. Must be registered with Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania.
REMUNERATION AS PER INSTITUTION SCALE
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 November 2020