Job Opportunity at Save the Children International – Marketing Analyst
Marketing Analyst (Maternity Cover)
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the permanent Marketing Analyst (Maternity Cover) for 9-12 months in our London office or any Save the Children Office location. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, curious and intelligent data analyst to join the Save the Children international (SCI) Marketing Intelligence team and make a real difference to the lives of children.
The role will be responsible for tracking the performance of our investment markets as well as analysing and providing data driven insight on the results of key initiatives on a global scale.
As the Marketing Analyst, you will support the Marketing Intelligence lead on fundraising insight projects. You will be the focal point for the quarterly reporting across the movement using Business Intelligence tools and contribute to improving our global fundraising culture by harmonizing our fundraising definitions and KPIs.
The role will involve engaging with the national leaders in individual giving and their teams, together with their data Analyst. It will also work collaboratively across the team of specialists in the Global Fundraising Hub on F2F, Digital, DRTV and Donor Development.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in maths/computing/marketing or any of the social sciences or any other relevant professional qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience as a data/marketing analyst in a large organisation or agency
- A passion for data and highly developed analytical skills
- The ability to capture and document user requirements and convert into a project brief
- Understanding of marketing/fundraising techniques and KPIs, in particular in the area of individual giving
- The ability to analyse marketing and financial data and produce effective management information
- An ability to create engaging and action-oriented reports to communicate information from budgeting, reporting and benchmarking exercises
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to think strategically
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to details
- Mandatory Technical Expertise
- Familiar with Power BI or any other Business Intelligence tools used in the sector
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word & PowerPoint including the use of Macros, Pivot Tables and producing graphs
- At least 1 year using SQL Server 2012 or newer to input, manipulate, enhance and query large volumes of data
- SQL Server Query optimisation
- Experience building and maintaining relational database tables
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have worked in and analysed data for an international organisation
- Experience in measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of Individual Giving strategies and plans
- Have previously mentored or trained other members of staff on process and procedures
- Experience manipulating data using FastStats
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages – Ideally VBA, Python or R
- Have performed and managed organisation benchmarking projects
- Proven experience writing and delivering presentations to large groups of people
- Exposure to at least one fundraising CRM system and knowledge of the data table architecture
- Experience building statistical models and decision trees
- French or Spanish speaking
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2020 – 02:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Type: Fixed-term contract