Job Opportunity at Americares, HR and Logistics Officer
HR and Logistics Officer
ABOUT AMERICARES: Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC):
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under the New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) was awarded to the Americares Foundation Inc.
NPI is shifting the focus of USAID’s traditional partners to mentoring, capacity-building, and technical oversight, by using umbrella mechanisms and sub-awards strategically to enable new and underutilized local partners to lead development in their own communities and advance the Journey to Self-Reliance. USAID seeks to expand its network of partnerships with local organizations because they can mobilize quickly and take advantage of long-standing grassroots relationships to bring needed interventions directly to people at risk.
The Americares Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) project is a five-year, $25 million effort under NPI to reduce mortality and morbidity among mothers and their children through improved community-based health care. Americares will work with Christian Connections for International Health (CCIH) and its local affiliates in the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Liberia to leverage the expertise and reach of local and locally established organizations, by building their institutional capacity. This new partnership will work closely with Tanzanian and Liberian communities and faith-based networks to improve access to, and demand for, high-quality, community-based health care for mothers, newborns, and children; voluntary family planning; nutrition; and respectful maternity care.
Americares is looking for a Human Resources and Logistics Manager to support the CPRC project and general office management in the Tanzania office. The Manager will provide support to staff and partners on matters related to recruitment, travel, employee relations, and other administrative tasks. In this capacity, the Manager will ensure efficient, transparent, and reliable human resources processes in compliance with Tanzanian legal requirements, USAID regulations, and Americares HQ human resources policies.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the recruitment process for CPRC team staff and other positions as required, including advertisement, resume short-listing, phone screens, interview scheduling and offer extension
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new staff, including insurance enrollment, policy and handbook overviews, and orientation to the team; coordinate the offboarding of departing employees
- Implement Americares staff performance policies and processes in a timely fashion
- Provide employee relations support, lead investigations when necessary with knowledge of local employee rights, and determine disciplinary action if appropriate
- General office management tasks such as coordinating workspace supplies and filing and record maintenance
- Oversee activities related to security, health and safety
- Provide compliance oversight to internal processes, local labor law, and USAID processes
- Work with the Finance and Operations Manager to collect necessary payroll paperwork and submit the monthly payroll
- Support the Country Director to monitor and coordinate compliance activities
- Liaise with the HQ HR team when necessary to answer questions or provide information on the country office
- Work with the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure that Americares is in compliance with all Tanzanian legal regulations as it applies to a NGO operating in Tanzania, including registrations, work permits, visas, insurance, etc.
- Act as fleet manager, arranging maintenance when needed
- Develop and oversee a travel log system
- Schedule and assign drivers for meetings, site visits, and other in-country travel
- Coordinate the booking of flights and other means of travel for local staff and assist with local bookings for international staff visits
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity;
- Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
- Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives.
- University Degree in human resources management, business, communications, or equivalent; Masters preferred but not required
- At least 8 years of experience in human resources and/or office management and 3-5 years in a fleet management capacity
- Experience working for an NGO, particularly with experience under a USAID grant
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills; ability to develop partnerships across sectors and cultures
- Strong organizational skills, capacity to think strategically and attention to detail
- Excellent English-language writing skills and demonstrated experience meeting donor reporting requirements
- Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Willingness and ability to travel to field sites as necessary
- Take USAID mandated courses within 30 days of employment
- Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 November 2020