Senior Legal Specialist
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzanian
Senior Legal Specialist responsible to manage and provide corporate legal services as in-house counsel in the Legal team and endeavour to provide effective link between the team and internal and external stakeholders in all legal matters.
- Working in collaboration with all levels of management to guarantee availability of valid and appropriate contracts for all areas of business.
- Negotiate, draft and review all contracts and other legal documents in the Division in line with Company Delegation of Authority
- Timely provision of legal advice and support to the Company pertaining to various business issues as and when needed.
- Overseeing execution of contracts in line with legal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Representing the company in courts and other dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Managing all disputes and litigation involving the Company and ensure availability of records and relevant reports.
- Ensuring legal policies and procedure are in place and updated to confirm with company legal requirement.
- Carrying out any other duty as may be assigned by the Company
- Managing consumer complaints and provide feedback to the Tanzania Regulatory Authority (TCRA) and the Bank of Tanzania (BOT)
- To provide appropriate link management between the Legal Division and the internal and external stakeholders
Core Competencies, Knowledge And Working Experience
- Very good knowledge of legal concepts, techniques and principles
- Experience in handling complex corporate and commercial transactions and or projects
- High level of computer literacy exceptionally conversant with Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer and business oriented approachStrong communication skills, fluency in English and Kiswahili and ability to interact with other team members
- Outstanding ability to apply knowledge of Law and advise Management accordingly.
- Effective Contract Management Skills
- At least three years’ experience in telecommunication industry or any FMCG or busy corporate legal service-providing law firm
- Technical/professional Qualifications
- A holder of Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university,
- A Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts sub-ordinate thereto for not less than 5 years’ experience.
- Legal Negotiation
- Legal Innovation
- Legal And Regulatory Knowhow
- Advice and Solutions
- Risk and Compliance
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.