Job Title: Senior Specialist; Data Governance
Contract type: 3 Year fixed term contract
Location: NMB Head Office
NMB has initiated a program to define and implement a data management regime with main focus on Data Governance in order to set a foundation for improved data quality and data governance.
The program entails designing and implementing data architecture, data models, data integration, reference and master data, data quality solutions, data governance structure, document and content management.
The Senior Specialist Data Governance will drive the data quality, data integrity and data management across the enterprise that will enable business users to leverage and use the data as a differentiator in running the business with accurate and core business information and intelligence. .
- Create and implement an enterprise wide Data Governance Framework.
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets.
- Identify and develop policies, principles, rules and processes for each data asset with regards to the eleven dimensions defined in Data Management Body of Knowledge to ensure business data stays in compliance with regulations and corporate policies.
- Work with business owners to define and establish data quality rules, definitions and strategy consistent with organizational strategies and goal.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Manage a portfolio of enterprise data-related initiatives.
- Identify business processes impacting data quality and collaborate with teams to improve data quality.
- Plan, prioritize and implement solutions to data issues and governance, providing clarity on business needs and priorities.
- Help business functions find short-term tactical workarounds to data issues to meet critical business needs while also identifying initiatives to solve the core data issue.
- Build organization understanding of data lifecycles from creation to end use, working with subject matter experts in various business functions, operations and IT teams.
- Ensure that new systems and/or applications adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the data classification document for the organization in order to manage risk, compliance and data security.
- Coordinate the development of enterprise data dictionary/business glossary together with business teams to define each data asset and its related fields to ensure same understanding and interpretation of data terms with an organization.
- Oversees the integrity, usability, and security of all data assets under Data Governance functions purview.
- Manage documentation as well as remediation of key data issues to resolve data quality and integrity gaps.
- Perform periodically data governance maturity assessment and advise the bank on its status.
- Facilitates sharing and adoption of data governance best practices through governance consuls and committees within the organization.
- An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks applying to data governance such as the (e.g. Data Protection Act).
- Familiarity in implementation of data governance principles and practices.
- Understanding of Master Data Management technology landscape, processes and design principles.
- Operational familiarity in the use of meta-data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms.
- Understanding of Data Management frameworks.
- Familiarity with Database management, data warehousing, Data modeling and data visualization tools.
- Strong planning, organization and documentation skills
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement.
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and systematically work through projects in accordance with a structured methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to act as a project “driver”, facilitating the achievement of required tasks.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or relevant fields.
- Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA DMBOK2) certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Data Governance operations, oversight function or manager data governance.
- Minimum of 3 years of Data Quality operations experience.
- Experience in managing enterprise data assets in a large, complex organization.
- Proven work experience as a Data Governance specialist, Data Architect, Data warehouse & BI specialist, Data Analyst or similar role.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies.Experience in the use of data catalogues and data quality technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing data-based guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Application Deadline: 06th November, 2020.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.