Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es Salaam ,
Main purpose of the position:
To lead overall supply chain strategy and execution, including vendor selection, procurement, forecasting, production planning, delivery, warehouse management. The position will examine existing procedures and streamline activities to meet product distribution, storage, inventory and customer needs. The position will also identify process improvement opportunities and implement alternate methods to increase efficiencies, product and process quality, reduce costs and improve overall service.
Reporting in to this position (designation and level)
- Routine/Direct: Logistics Manager, Planning Manager, Procurement Manager, Stores Manager
- Functional/Indirect: N/A
Responsibility for Internal and external relations
· Coordinating all procurement activities of all departments
· Vender management
a. Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
Supervises Logistics and Planning Manager, Procurement Manager, Stores Manager
b. Operational responsibilities/Tasks.
- Ensure completion of pre-Import formalities such as order confirmation on vendors, LCs, pre-shipment inspection requirements on time.
- Liaise with the vendors regarding shipments and expedite where required.
- Monitor shipments and appraise the user departments on progress.
- Liaise with the Shipping Companies, transporters and other parties involved for smooth clearance of goods.
- Ensure necessary documents are presented to Finance Department for payment processing.
- Ensure that the goods are correctly classified at Customs and the correct Import Duties and Taxes paid.
- Ensure that no extra charges such as demurrages and other penalties are incurred by the company.
- Negotiate with shipping companies for acceptable container retention periods for the Group companies.
- Explore and develop alternate sources of materials and services.
- Develop and nurture good working relations with vendors and other industry players.
- Periodically evaluate vendor contracts to align with existing practices and applicable laws of the country.
- Support management to develop standardized contract approach and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with key vendors targeting continuous cost reduction.
- Hold regular and structured review meetings with key suppliers to assess performance
- To vet courier companies and clearing agents to determine their suitability to contract with the company and negotiate appropriate contract conditions with them.
- Plan shipment and procurement schedules with vendors to ensure timely material and service availability in plants.
- Study market trends on pricing, shipping practices and other patterns in the industry directly affecting procurement and advise the management accordingly.
Raw Material and Consumable Stores
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure the client is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Receiving inventory accurately and in a timely manner, verifying product quality, using appropriate technology, and maintaining necessary records,
- Maintaining the quality of inventory by using proper storage equipment and procedures and first-in-first-out procedures,
- Ensuring the completion of accurate and timely inventory counts,
- Communicating with team members and internal and external clients regarding material delivery and distribution, and accuracy of inventory records
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support timely delivery of materials
- Produce a weekly schedule of desired production quantities and timing to be delivered to the Production Team and track actual production outputs relative to scheduled outputs,
- Communicating frequently with the Production Team, Sales Team, client’s management, about the existing production schedule, anticipated production schedule changes, existing orders, expected orders, and order changes.
- Developing systems and training team members to use those systems to forecast demand for all materials (finished goods, packaging materials, and raw materials)
- Developing target inventory levels for all materials
- Developing systems and training team members to use those systems to track finished goods, packaging materials, and raw materials demand, ensuring that on hand quantities are within client’s target levels relative to forecasted demand,
- Evaluating accuracy of past forecasts and showing increasing accuracy of forecasts over time, and reduction in inventory levels relative to production volumes,
- Analysing sales, inventory, and production trends to identify and implement actions that will increase order fill-rates, reduce on-hand inventory levels, reduce product age, and reduce wasted product or labor.
Finished Goods Stores
- Assist with day to day activities of directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of the Warehouse and Distribution operations
- Partner with Branches and sales team management to ensure timely and accurate deliveries in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Assist with managing execution of day to day Branch Operations (both Distribution and Warehouse) within parameters of both labor and other operating expense budgets
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Sales team and all other departments in order to achieve goals and customer satisfaction
Supply Chain Administration
- Adhere to Company standards and policies in addition to all regulatory requirements
- Support and implement Company initiatives to achieve performance, quality and safety metrics
- Proactively improve process functioning and strive for enhanced levels of efficiency
- Ensure the safeguard and security of Company assets
- Ensure that legal requirements for Imports and bonded Warehouses are met and and proper records are maintained.
- Ensure all the Bonds given to the government in respect of purchased materials are properly accounted for and cancelled after their utilization.
- Ensure that adequate insurance policy cover is arranged by the company for goods in transit and in stores.
- Ensure stock take processes are implemented, managed to plan and improvement actions identified and implemented where required.
- Ensure the subordinates are fully trained in SAP on supply chain-Material Management module.
- Maintain and share with HODs knowledge of all relevant importation laws, procedures, tariffs and duties licenses.
- Evaluate the training needs of all staff reporting to the position and ensure appropriate plans are in place.
- Ensure that all n
ecessary working information with regard to local and international purchasing and inventory management practices is available to concerned staff in imports, local purchase and stores.