Job Opportunity at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine, Maintenance Fitter
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit two (2) Maintenance Fitter to join Water Treatment team. The successful candidates for this position will play an important role as a full-time artisan responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. You will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties. The position will report to the First Line Leader-Water Treatment Plant. This is a permanent role, with the work roster being seven (7) days day shift, seven (7) days night shift and seven (7) days off shift.
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE
- Able to monitor plant performance from SCADA
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report
- Perform task risk assessments
- Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and deviations are reported
- Operate the plant according to company operation policies and SOPs
- Adhere to isolation and lock out permits procedures
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Trouble shoot process control problems and solve operation problems with assistance from the shift leader in the Control Room
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area, apply 5S principle
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents.
- Apply fault-finding techniques, conduct root cause failure analysis and regular plant inspections.
- Clean, maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular plant and steel structures inspections.
- Carry out workshop fabrication, equipment assembly and installation.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed.
- Attain and maintain relevant licenses and authorizations required to execute allocated duties e.g. Basic Rigging, Working at Heights, machine operation i.e. forklift.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
- Position, align, and secure structural parts and related assemblies to boiler frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, following blueprints.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves and regulators
- Attach rigging, and signal crane or hoist operators to lift heavy frame and plate sections and other parts into place
- Communicate regularly with control room / Shift Supervisor for status of plant
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility
- Proactively identifying and acting on plant performance deviation
FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent)
Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training
- Minimum 2 Years relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Mechanical and boilermaker experience
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem solving skills
- Check the plant for any defects – both process and whatever maintenance required
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, work standing or in a crouched position for long periods
- Possession of Valid driving license
- Ensure defective machinery & utilization of standby equipment are reported to the Shift Supervisor
- Identify and suggest optimizations opportunities
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 4th November, 2020.