Job Opportunity at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine, Community Relations Officer
Community Relations Officer
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Community Relations officer to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Community Relations tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Community Relations Section Leader. This is a permanent role, with the work roster being 42 days on site and 21 days Offsite.
- Implementation of the quick fix projects in a timely manner and according to the North Mara Gold Mine (NMGM) principles of engagement
- Establish appropriate partnerships with research institutions, government agencies, NGOs, specialists and others to implement this strategy
- Develop, in line with the NMGM principles as well as in collaboration with the community, a medium term (2 – 5 years) development plan
- Local and District Level Capacity Building. Identify and maintain contact with research institutions, government agencies, development oriented NGOs, companies, CBOs and other Civil Society Groups in Barrick’s area of operation. Determine possible options for building collaborative partnerships and strategic alliances with such institutions.
- Provide input to capacity building programs for alternative livelihood programs and business development opportunities
- Ensures coordination of site efforts with Dar es salaam based initiatives to ensure an integrated and common approach to development and in line with the NMGM principles for engagement
- Assess requests for community investment programs against Barrick’s principles and against the long term community development objectives
- Collect and collate economic development indicators and data to analyze Barrick’s economic impact in the area
- Lead the process to develop NMGM long term Community Development Vision
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in sociology, economics, community development, regional planning, negotiation and conflict resolution or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in social works programme
- Computer literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point
- Experience in the Mining environment would be an added advantage
- Possession of Tanzania valid driving license would be an added advantage
- Professional level fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong computer skills
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Effective communication
- English literacy and numeracy
- Document management
- Systems design and implementation
- Computer skills – word, excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Fluent in Kiswahili and English)
- Proven problem analyzing and solving skills
- Proven negotiation and management skillsEmpathetic towards sensitive personal and community issues
- Ability to deal with people at all levels
- Strong attitude and commitment towards workplace safety
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking