Nafasi ya Kazi Nursing Team Supervisor – Nduta
Direct Reports to: NAM/Head Nurse / MTL
Position status: Full-time
Location: Nduta Camp
Position open: 2
Job SummaryPlan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action (Nursery ,….) and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
• Essential – recognised Nursing Degree/Diploma
• Previous experience as Nurse is MANDATORY at least 2 years
• Desirable – working in ER ,OPD and IPD
• Desirable – working with neonatal patients
• Desirable – working with MSF and/or in a Similar Setting
Languages: English/French (fluent, oral & written). Swahili or Kirundi is an asset.
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
Knowledge: Desirable – Tropical diseases and refugee health
Main Responsibilities• Plan, Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
• Independently ensure quality of patient care is of high standard through continuous assessment and implementation of quality improvement strategies.
• Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
• Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, i.e. perform as a nurse, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
• Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
• Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
• Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
APPLICATION DETAILSInterested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV by 4.00pm on 17th May 2019, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications in English or French will be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)